Olivia Williams Interior Design is a full-service design studio specializing in high-end residential interior design and architecture.
Our Venice beach design studio is growing and we are looking for a senior interior designer with over 5 years of experience to join our team.
The ideal candidate will work alongside our Principal to assist in the delivery of all phases of our projects and will be instrumental in the development of company standards for all of our projects. The chosen candidate will be motivated, passionate, an excellent communicator and will have the desire to grow with the company as a key member of our team. Applicants should also demonstrate a strong balance of design sensibilities and technical knowledge, as well as the project organization skills needed to operate in a fast-paced environment on international projects.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Formulate design presentations, preliminary space plans and 2D, 3D design concept studies and sketches.
- Create floor plans, elevations, details, reflected ceiling plans, furniture plans, shop drawings, materials and finish schedules. Ability to field measure and document existing building conditions.
- Prepare specifications and schedules with accurate product information for furniture, plumbing, appliances, lighting, and finishes.
- Close collaboration and communication with the design team, clients, consultants, contractors and suppliers.
- Able to oversee multiple projects simultaneously and able to delegate tasks within the team.
- Adept at sourcing FF&E for every corner of a property and familiar with a wide range of vendors in LA and overseas.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in interior design or interior architecture
- At least 5 years of interior design experience in a high-end interior design/hospitality company.
- Ability to create a set of construction drawings, specifications and schedules.
- Solid knowledge of AUTOCAD.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong detailing skills and an understanding of all aspects of interior design.
- Strong presentation skills using rendering software, Sketch Up, Adobe Suite and hand sketching a plus.
- Must be organized in all facets of work to ensure smooth and timely delivery of projects.
- Experience in FF&E procurement and software
- Skills in site management.
- Ability to complete tasks with precision and attention to detail.
- Excellent multitasking ability, highly organized with great attention to detail.
Compensation and Benefits:
Our compensation is very competitive and commensurate with experience.
The full-time benefits package includes
- Medical, Dental, Vision.
- PTO, sick days, holidays.
Location: Venice, Los Angeles, California
Please submit CV and portfolio to: [email protected]
Back to task list…