New York, New York, United StatesLocation:
Thu 7 Jul ’22Posted on:
A long-established and highly regarded architectural firm in New York City is seeking an experienced Interior Design Senior Manager at the Senior Associate level. With more than 200 employees in two offices, the Manhattan headquarters is located in an impressive high-rise tower in the heart of the Financial District. With excellent transport links, the offices are easily accessible and have more amenities than you could possibly need!
This company places a high value on its people and as such continuously invests, develops and listens to ensure that its employees are valued and nurtured to bring out the best in them. With a focus on inclusivity, diversity and equity, the office culture is friendly, open with a positive and collaborative environment.
The person sought will be confident in dealing with clients, manage projects, generate new business opportunities and support existing business.
This senior level hire is a strategic appointment for the management team. The goal is for this professional to take on the role of design lead across the Interiors group function, working on a wide variety of large and complex projects to add a sense of direction, clarity and gravity.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* Design direction with the team to present projects, competitions and potential clients
* Programming, space planning, fit testing and design development from concept to construction
* Oversee coordination with architects, engineering services and specialized sub-contractors
* Coordination of documentation packages, ff&e, specification documents, etc.
* Management of project design teams
* Quality control and design management
* Customer and business development
Skills and experience required:
* Degree or master’s degree in interior design or architecture
* LEED AP, NCIDQ certified
* 20+ years of experience
* Proven experience in managing and delivering design-led projects in a variety of large and complex project typologies (institutional/healthcare/corporate office/cultural, etc.)
* Mastery of AutoCAD and/or Revit
* Excellent sense of design, detail and presentation
* Proven track record of successfully managing and leading high performing design teams
Please apply with your up-to-date CV and portfolio (less than 10MB) to [email protected] Applicants must be authorized to work legally in the United States. This company offers a hybrid work environment, but you must be able to commute to Manhattan regularly and be open to regular domestic travel.
Urban is acting as an employment agency in connection with this job posting.
View your application history