Alice Chiu of Miss Alice Designs creates simple, clean, thoughtful and serene spaces with a modern twist. Whether it’s a young family just starting out, a tech executive or empty nests, Alice designs functional homes that nourish the soul.
San Francisco, California – April 4, 2022 – There are many full-service interior design firms, but what sets Miss Alice Designs apart is that Alice designs functional homes that nourish the soul. Guided by the philosophy of less is more, principal Alice Chiu creates simple, clean, thoughtful and serene spaces with a modern twist. Since the creation of his office, Miss Alice Designsin 2014, Alice’s mission was to improve the quality of life of her customers through simplicity.
The Covid-19 pandemic has ushered in a major shift in the way people think about their wants, needs and lifestyle, from daily behaviors and routines to long-term planning and goals. People have been forced to re-prioritize their lives. The desire to simplify, to transform complication into ease and stress into calm was at the forefront of people’s minds. It’s about making the conscious choice to live an authentic, healthy, and simple life with intention, starting with your home.
Simple does not necessarily mean “boring, boring or ordinary”. It’s quite the opposite. Simple is beautiful, elegant and timeless – rich in positive connotation. Miss Alice Designs helps people transform their homes so they can live better lives that lead to true freedom.
Alice Chiu has developed a formula for Interior design Success. Here is an overview of his process:
- Consultation: A free 30-minute discovery call is planned. During the phone call, there is a high-level discussion of the design project and what the client is looking to accomplish. If it suits you, a paid one-hour on-site design consultation is arranged to visualize and analyze the space, provide general design ideas and better understand the details of the project.
- Proposal: If there is mutual agreement to proceed after on-site design consultation, a proposal will be sent for approval.
- Letter of agreement: Once the proposal is approved, a letter of agreement is drafted requesting the client’s written consent with deposit received.
- Measurement of space and photos: Alice will take detailed measurements of all spaces involved in the project and take photos of each space. She compiles before and after photos so the client can see the incredible transformation of her newly designed space(s).
- Spatial planning: Once all the measurements have been taken, Alice will create floor plans for each space. Several floor plan options will be provided to the client and Alice will review the best choices. Floor plans determine which elements will best fit into the space, how they will be laid out, and the scale of each room.
- Concept-design: Once the plans are finalized, the design concept is created. It starts with developing a color palette, researching materials, furniture, accessories, fabrics, artwork, and more.
- Purchase: Alice will purchase all materials, furnishings and fittings on behalf of the client for a purchase fee. Customers will always pay below retail price compared to purchasing materials on their own.
- Installation: Alice coordinates all contract work that must be completed prior to delivery of materials and inspects the quality of work of contractors. She oversees the delivery, inspection and installation of materials, furniture and fixtures.
- Styling: Finishing touches are added to give that “wow” effect when entering the space. It’s time to relax and enjoy this newly transformed bedroom.
During a recent interview, Alice made these comments: “From the start, I was infatuated with the arts. I couldn’t get enough at school. However, despite these ideas, design was not my first professional activity. I actually have an engineering degree from UC Davis and came into interior design after working as an operations manager in Silicon Valley.
She goes on to say, “Despite the success of my high-level position, I did not feel creatively fulfilled and decided to enroll in the San Francisco Academy of Art while keeping my full time job. After graduating in interior architecture and design, I pivoted to pursue interior design full-time in 2012, starting as a design assistant at a major local design firm.
“I quickly realized that my technical background and skills were a perfect match for my new career. Things like budgeting and spatial design came naturally, so I was able to focus on the creative side of the job.
Customer testimonials always tell the story, take a look at what Merrick D. had to say: “Alice is a wonderful designer as you can see from her website. What blew me away was his attention to detail. She truly cares 120% about getting it right. Not only is she extremely committed, but she’s such a fair and honest person. I can highly recommend Miss Alice Designs.”
For complete information, visit: https://www.missalicedesigns.com/
Company Name: Miss Alice Designs
Contact: Media Relations
E-mail: Send an email
Town: San Francisco
The country: United States