DAHLIN is a growing architectural and planning firm of more than 150 multicultural professionals with offices in California and Washington. We offer more than 40 years of experience in building the communities where we live and work, driven by the vision of creating places that promote human growth and well-being. It’s the same Passion for the place starts with our own work environment – a positive community where people thrive. Please visit our website www.dahlingroup.com. for more information.
We are currently looking for a INTERIOR DESIGN ASSISTANT / PURCHASING SPECIALIST join our PLEASANTON, CA Office. Under minimal supervision, this person is responsible for the administrative support of interior design projects and procurement needs, proactively anticipating and ensuring the completion of tasks and deadlines. This person will provide administrative support to senior leaders, project teams and staff as needed, as well as overall administrative operations by collaborating with other corporate administrative staff, thus contributing to a positive work environment and productive.
- Work closely with the lead designer on all logistical aspects of the projects, mainly – Supplier coordination – Request samples, product information, lead times and quotes.
- Responsible for reviewing supplier quotes for correct lead times, prices, delivery and freight charges.
- Furniture Procurement – Responsible for purchasing furniture and materials as specified by the lead designer.
- Prepare purchase orders, process, review and expedite all orders to completion; plan final inspections of finished items and coordinate delivery.
- Tracking / Planning – Prepare and maintain a detailed budget spreadsheet for all furniture and materials purchased for each project and update with progress and order tracking.
- Project Reconciliation / Accounting – On a monthly basis, reconcile all project purchases and notify customers of order and billing status showing use of funds.
- Coordinate closely with accounting during the purchasing process – receipt or transfer of funds, PO deposits and final supplier payments; credits / refunds for canceled orders, returns and exchanges, etc.
- Receiving and Storage – Work with receiving and storage facilities, freight and delivery companies for national and international shipments; resolve freight complaints and coordinate delivery to respective locations.
- Installation – Working with the lead designer, plan and organize the installation of projects both on site and in the storage facility to confirm items correctly labeled for final installation.
- Help directors and project managers prepare and track project schedules, budgets and invoicing.
- Prepare, track, edit and execute complex documents, proposals, presentations, spreadsheets and expense claims in a timely manner with attention to detail and accuracy
- Attend meetings and prepare draft meeting minutes for PM approval.
- Coordinate project documents for reproduction and distribution.
- Help set up the project and monitor income in the project monitoring software (Ajera).
- Coordinate and plan travel, events and meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Professional, service oriented demeanor with a friendly, flexible and positive attitude.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proven punctuality and reliable presence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to manage a task from start to finish.
- Communication and problem solving initiative.
- A strong work ethic and the highest level of integrity; ability to handle highly confidential matters with discretion.
- Knowledge of contract management appreciated.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 or more years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Previous experience in supporting the leaders of a medium to large-sized company.
- Work in a creative or professional service environment supporting multiple leaders.
- Experience working with an architectural or engineering firm an asset.
- Must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the United States without any visa restrictions or sponsorship.
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications. The excellent benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage. We also offer the option to participate in a flexible pre-tax spending plan, employee stock purchase plan, and 401k.
How to register:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply online at www.dahlingroup.com/careers.
One last remark …
Real people review every application, so we regret that due to the large number of inquiries we are unable to accept phone calls regarding the status of applications. We will be sure to contact you if we need more information. Apply now!
Non-local applicants will be considered. However, DAHLIN may or may not offer relocation benefits depending on the needs of the business. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer. Sponsorship for a work visa, now or in the future, is not available for this position.
We do not accept resumes from recruiters, placement agencies or other personnel suppliers who have not signed an agreement with us. Unsolicited resumes will not be eligible for referral fees.
DAHLIN is an equal opportunities employer and participates in E-Verify.